Friday, June 1, 2012

Celebration

Today was a celebration of sorts.  My cold had progressed enough that I felt good to run.  And I received some good news this morning at my doctor's appointment.  While my tests all came back consistent with SLL, the percentage of abnormal cells is small enough that my doctor has not "officially" diagnosed me as having SLL.  That doesn't mean everything is normal or that I will never get it at some point in the future, but there's nothing that says for sure that I will get it either.  This is not at all what I expected after my conversation with her two weeks ago, and to be quite honest, took a huge weight off my shoulders.  My first thought was "Oh praise God!  I'm going to make every moment count--spending time with my family, running, biking, eating yummy food!"
I decided to get out for a run with my most willing companion, our 10 year old yellow lab, and was so happy to get out into the quiet woods for an hour to celebrate the good news!  We've gotten some rain this week and I was amazed by the height of the weeds, the brightness of the leaves and wildflowers, and echo of the woodpecker going about his business.  It was a cool, crisp, sunny day and I was happy to finish so I could get home and see my family.

I have a few runs planned for later in the summer, but am contemplating a few random races between now and then depending on how I'm feeling, how much free time I have and how much ambition I can muster.  For now, however, I'm thrilled to be able to run as if life is normal, because well . . . at the moment it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment